India can be a little overwhelming, very busy and somewhat confusing at times, although an interesting place to visit for you if you travel to India from USA. It is a developing country where many people struggle and work hard for their livelihood.
Here you will take some time to adjust to India then you will start liking it. India is one of the most rewarding country, it offers some truly remarkable and amazing places that are unlike anything in the world. It is also famous for its delicious food and spices, incredible nature, rich cultural heritage sites, warm and charismatic peoples all around.
Tip for Americans Traveling to India from US
India can be a major culture difference for Americans visiting India, especially for first time visitors. It is a country with a huge population, which is full of many different cultures and customs. Some India metro cities are full of traffic and almost congestion. So, here are some India travel tips for US travelers
- In India, you will mostly find people who are kind and willing to help you, they will not hesitate to help you if they can. Unlike America where people are busy with their work.
- Trains are relatively comfortable and most convenient for long journeys. Trains can fill up quickly so booking your tickets in advance is recommended.
- India is not an expensive country, you can get anything cheaper than America. And like many countries some people try to sell you stuff at higher price. But you can try to bargain at what price you think right.
- Plug sockets and current supply in India is different from USA, so keep this in mind or take universal travel adapter.
- Tap water in India is unfit to you so it's advisable for visitors to always drink bottled or filter water.
- Air Quality in metro cities is little poor for health sensitive people thus take precautions after or before visiting India.
Travel to India from USA Checklist
- Passport, visa, some photos, wallet, flight ticket, boarding pass, other document with soft copies.
- First aid kit.
- Water bottle and some eating stuff.
- Universal travel adapter, earphone, charger of mobile or other gadgets .
- If you are visiting India during Dec-Jan then you should pack winter clothes and women try to put modest cloths in bag.
- Bug spray, mosquito repellent of your choice.
- Toiletries, creams, medicines that are not available in India.
Visa to travel to India from USA
Americans, including government officials, must have a valid passport and a valid Indian visa to enter in India and exit from India. Visas must be given by the Indian embassy or consulate prior to travel, and cannot be secured upon arrival. The most requested are tourist visas and business visas. A tourist visa allows a US citizen to stay in India for up to 6 months.
US Passport validity for travel to India
As India provide visa for 6 months so your passport must be valid for six months beyond date of visa application to obtain tourist visa.
Travel to India from USA Vaccinations
You don't need any vaccinations for India unless you are suffering from any related disease : hepatitis A, hepatitis B, cholera, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, MMR, Tdip, chickenpox, herpes, typhoid, pneumonia, and influenza or arriving from countries with risk of Yellow Fever Virus.
Best India Tour Packages for Americans
India is very cheap for the US because it offers you the unexpected at the price you pay. The culture and diversity of India is unbeatable and this is the thing for which tourists come from all over the world.
India is generally safe for tourist as around millions of foreign tourists visited India every year and large share of visitors are women, and many of them travel alone. But is not completely or very safe for solo female travelers so be aware and careful.
U.S. citizens must have a valid passport and valid Indian Travel visa to visit India, granted by the Indian Embassy. And can land in Delhi or Mumbai airport for USA.
Yes, you can get tourist visa on arrival in India at price $60 valid for 30 days from the date of approval. Fee is non-refundable and needs to be paid at 3 days prior the date of arrival in the country.
The cost of a visa to India from USA is up to 160$ depends upon validity of visa and the cost of e-visa is 60$ valid for 30 days.
For more visa information - https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/